Areas of Expertise
roven experience in life sciences investment analysis, new product evaluation, forecasting, market sizing/strategy, implementation, medical liaison, technology transfer/spinouts, and operations/quality improvement. Expertise in new therapeutics, diagnostics, and digital health.
- Investor Overview
- 1-3 investments
- Invests $15,000 per company
- Other Investments
- Digital health company, diagnostics company.
- Health Sectors
- Digital Health, Biotech, Health IT, Healthcare Delivery, Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics
- Markets, Health Indications, Health Issues
Jewish Home | October 2014 - Current
- Provide weekend and extra help coverage to hospitalized geriatric psychiatry inpatients.
Ginger.io | March 2016 - Current
For a best of breed digital mental health provider, I provide domain & content expertise, help to craft strategic priorities, and design clinical and operational protocols integrating data science and clinical care.
County of San Mateo | August 2014 - Current
- Provide comprehensive outpatient psychiatric services including: diagnosis, psychopharmacology, brief treatment, and crisis/emergency evaluation.
Founder & Medical Director
Lotus Medical Group | July 2013 - Current
Lotus Medical Group provides specialty consulting and advisory services to life sciences businesses, investors, and entrepreneurs.
L.E.K. Consulting | April 2013 - Current
- Provided area expertise on emerging pharmaceutical and digital health technologies. Consulted on market sizing, strategy, product development, and medical liaison issues. - Advised company on 5 separate projects, working with teams in New York, London, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
Assistant Professor, Departments of Anthropology, History, Social Medicine (DAHS
University of California, San Francisco | November 2011 - Current
- Provided over 500 hours/year of teaching in psychiatric differential diagnosis and clinical addiction medicine to UCSF medical students, PhD social science students, mental health and nursing graduate students, psychiatric residents, and general medicine residents. - Developed and taught a novel graduate seminar in doctor patient communication covering medical public relations, the history of the doctor patient relationship, and diagnostic errors in medicine. - Chaired DAHSM's seminar series bringing in internationally recognized social scientists to speak at UCSF. - Received joint appointments in the Department of Psychiatry and received the endowed Francis Fellowship in the Department of Anthropology, History and Social Medicine. - Developed a conceptual model of the doctor-patient relationship for use in pairing doctors and patients in clinical and informatics applications. - Co-director of Cultural Psychiatry Area of Distinction at UCSF. Worked with a select committee of Department of Psychiatry faculty to completely re-work residency education employing cutting edge research in the social sciences, ethics, and global mental health. Developed 2 year longitudinal curriculum.