Areas of Expertise
Venture capital, mergers & acquisitions
Healthcare software, data, informatics, information services, consulting, and business process outsourcing.
- Health Sectors
- Health IT
Advisory Board Member
DocbookMD | April 2014 - Current
Healthcare Growth Partners | January 2006 - Current
• Own, manage and operate an investment banking, merchant banking and strategic advisory firm focused on healthcare information technology and health information services representing companies and transactions with between $2 and $50mm in revenue and $5mm to $100mm in enterprise value. • Responsible for increasing annual revenue from less than $500k to over $7mm as well as founding and operating HGP Securities, the broker dealer affiliate of Healthcare Growth Partners. • Earned HGP two consecutive rankings on the Inc. 5000 in 2012 and 2013 (#954 and #1045, respectively). • Advised over 50 completed HIT transactions totaling over $1 billion, including sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions and growth equity and recapitalization transactions, as well as advisory in over 40 strategy assignments – representing more HIT transactions than any other advisory firm over the period. • Completed speaking engagements, research publications and articles, and mentorships across healthcare IT. • Built HGP to be the industry thought leader and domain expert covering all aspects of healthcare IT and healthcare technology-enabled services, including provider, payer, life sciences, employer, and consumer technology on behalf of strategics, private equity/venture capital, and other industry participants.
Clockwise.MD by Lightshed Healthcare | November 2014 - Current
Marval Biosciences | January 2008 - December 2012
• Served as CFO of a venture-backed, tech transfer biotechnology company developing contrast agents for CT imaging and managed the company through three rounds ($30mm+) of institutional venture capital.
Mercury Fund | June 2006 - September 2007
• Evaluated new investment opportunities and provided strategic advice to portfolio companies for a technology and life sciences venture capital fund.
Value Management Group | March 2002 - July 2005
• Served as the financial advisor to healthcare facility management companies, health systems, insurance organizations, private equity funds with a focus on healthcare facilities in over $1.5 billion in transaction value for mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures and valuations. • Managed transaction teams, sourced engagements, constructed detailed financial models, presented findings, and assumed significant responsibility throughout the transaction process and engagements.
KPMG | August 2000 - March 2002
• Analyzed and valued over $1 billion of private enterprises across the telecommunications and technology industries to assess mergers and acquisitions, corporate development, and tax and financial reporting issues. • Performed merger and acquisition due diligence for transactions between $35 and $500 million.
Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) | Finance, Accounting, Biotechnology and Health Industry Management | 2005 - 2007
Bachelor's Degree | Majors: Engineering Science and Mathematics Minors: Computer Science and Managem | 1996 - 2000
St. John's School
High School | 1983 - 1996