Areas of Expertise
Product / Market fit
I can help you understand what it takes to get your product to fit the current Health IT market and how to get it adopted by business consumers.
GHNauman has a unique combination of creative curiosity, insightful questioning, thoughtful planning, and committed follow-through. His background reflects of all these qualities and provide excellent perspective. They also make him a top performer and valued partner.
DTNauman possesses a bright, interesting mind that can lend indeterminate value at various stages of an organization. When we worked together he served as an instructor, a technical expert and a manager for a variety of projects. In each situation Nauman contributed improvements and positive impact and I still seek his input over a decade later.
MFNauman is very bright, thoughtful, and capable. He is a terrific problem solver and also has a unique capability to grasp emerging technologies to enable performance gains. As a person, he was a wonderful individual to work with.
DTNauman is a dedicated manager and mentor and always goes the extra step. He is technically competent, resourceful, and very pleasant to work with. He is a well regarded networker and is known for maintaining his cool.
ZCNauman is a teriffic team member. Deeply insightful, hard working, and with great technology and technology management experience.
MLNauman is a personable leading edge technology centric professional who works well with heterogeneous stakeholders. He is a team player with highest integrity. His work products were timely and considered to be of exceptional value.
PPNauman has a strong ability to build teams, quickly. He also has the ability to have difficult conversations with people who join his team; where the majority hope things improve, Nauman addresses the need for improvement with respect for the person and an eye on client delivery. He impresses me with skills identification for staffing and recruiting teams and I have seen him build diverse teams across service areas of unique blends that deliver client results. Nauman knows subject matter competence compliments a diverse team to challenge and scale to demanding clients and situations. Leadership requires communication and I have found Nauman articulate on all mediums of communication and presentation while building, delivering, designing, and directing work. I always welcome any chance to work with him.
CUNauman provided great attention to technical detail during our first project together involving a medical claims pipeline where painstaking effort was needed to ensure a full test suite of claim records in different formats were processed correctly. On a later project, Nauman introduced a new technology called XML and articulated in business terms its impact on how medical claims would be processed in the the future. Nauman has the ability to communicate at C-level, often in the role of selling or negotiating to produce a win-win outcome.
- Investor Overview
- 1-3 investments
- Invests $10,000 per company
- Health Sectors
- Medical Devices, Digital Health, Biotech, Health IT, Healthcare Delivery, Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics, Payers
- Markets, Health Indications, Health Issues
Chief Product Officer
Medyear | December 2014 - Current
• Medyear is an early-stage, angel-funded, health-tech startup based in New York and Palo Alto. • Collect all of your health information in one place (on mobile and cloud); understand your health journey; share pieces or all of it as you wish, for as long as you wish; receive preventative, actionable alerts from your personal health care team; achieve the best health of your life.
Director of Product Management
Bidgely | December 2014 - Current 2015
• Bidgely is a Khosla Ventures-backed social energy startup focused on bringing energy empowerment and engagement to the world masses. • Managing a portfolio of key products and partnerships with marquee clients. • Building next generation opt-out "crowd-sourced" residential DR product. • Building analytics product that harnesses Big-Data technologies to provide key insights to users. +++Key Achievements+++ Completed 2 MVPs in under 3 months and commenced 2nd-gen iterations. Won commendation from key client on product value and service delivery.
Senior Product Manager
Silver Spring Networks | December 2011 - Current 2014
• Silver Spring is an Internet of Things pioneer that leverages open technologies (IPv6, cloud, SaaS, and big data analytics). • Managed key products in product portfolio. From inception to launch. Conceptualized, designed, prioritized, road-mapped UIs, features, and APIs. • Additional focus on forecasting and predictive analytics, consumer and mobile; SaaS/cloud, and social media integration. Maintained key relationships with partners and customers. +++Key Achievements+++ Launched key products that resulted in millions in sales revenue. Saw company through successful IPO on NYSE (2013).
Senior Product Manager
TRG, Inc. (The Resource Group) | December 2008 - Current 2009
• TRG is a leading company that builds innovative data center software in the BPO space. • Spearheaded rapid development of next-generation enterprise product (machine learning-based intelligent call mapping software). Captured customer requirements (UI, features) into actionable tasks. • Wireframed UIs, managed localization/internationalization of product, conducted product testing. +++Key Achievements+++ Helped ideate and bring a new product to market that revolutionized call center support calls.
Senior Associate - Tech Advisory Services
KPMG Advisory | December 2007 - Current 2008
• Senior Associate in the Technology Advisory Services practice. • Owned workstreams, managed clients, and drove projects to completion. • Areas of focus included: technology governance, performance management and improvement, strategic planning, program management, organizational development, change management. +++Key Achievements+++ Earned commendation from client for service on key engagement. Customized project management methodology for internal use.
Senior Consultant, Strategy & Operations
Deloitte & Touche | December 2004 - Current 2007
• Strategic technology and business advisory services to clients. • Led teams of strategy, technology, human capital, financial advisory, and risk consultants. • Conducted analytical studies to assess viability of technologies for clients. Gathered detailed functional requirements for enterprise system development. • Developed financial, marketing and management strategies to streamline operations, improve processes, reduce costs, and increase ROI. +++Key Achievements+++ Earned highest performance rating two years in a row. Defined a new company service offering and go-to-market strategy.
Founder & Strategic Technology Consultant
XMLCG, Inc. | December 2000 - Current 2004
• Small IT services and consulting company focused on XML and related technologies. • Developed deployment and integration strategies for XML and related metadata technologies (XML Schema, XPointer, XSLT, RDF, XBRL). • Provided strategic and tactical guidance on structured versus unstructured data creation and storage. +++Key Achievements+++ Helped client win award for data management excellence. Injected XML into the enterprise.
University of Rochester
BA | Computer Science & Mathematics
Johns Hopkins University
MS | Computer Science
Johns Hopkins University
MBA | Management and Strategy